Monday, January 26, 2009

Whats Cookin 15

I'm baaack! and still have no recipes flooding my inbox!!! So here's another of mine. And FYI if you haven't noticed I don't really measure a lot of the things in my recipes so add as much or as little as you like :) Here's a great soup that my kids and honey love.

Cream of Chicken/Rice/Veggies?? I made that name up. Genuine hey.

Okay. Here's what I use. Feel free to add other veggies too.

2 chicken breast cubed up...cut em tiny.
2 large carrots sliced thinly
some mushrooms chopped finely
celery
frozen peas and or corn
occasionally I put cubed potatoes
fat free chicken broth
cream of broccoli soup
OXO chicken broth spice stuff.
roasted garlic and peppers spice
milk
water
cornstarch


Prepare yourself. This is NOT a well structured recipe if you haven't noticed already.

In a big pot I cook the chicken...add the water/broth/broccoli soup mix...whisk together...add all your veggies bring to a boil and reduce heat. Add all your veggies and spices... I add the oxo to compensate for however much water I added.

In a separate pot cook your rice and then add it into the large pot... add some milk. 1 cup maybe. bring to a boil. mix water and cornstarch and add to boiling soup to thicken. That's it that's all. And its delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment